- High in protein - Quinoa is an excellent plant-based source of protein. Just one cup of cooked quinoa provides about 8 grams of protein, which is more than any other whole grain. The protein in quinoa is considered a complete protein as it contains all the essential amino acids.
- Fiber-rich - Quinoa contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. Just one cup provides about 5 grams of fiber, which aids digestion and feelings of fullness. The fiber in quinoa can also help lower cholesterol levels and regulate blood sugar.
- Rich in minerals - Quinoa is packed with various important minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, and zinc. It provides a good amount of iron as well. These minerals support bone health, energy levels, and various metabolic functions.
- May aid weight control - The high fiber and protein content of quinoa makes it very filling and satisfying. This can help with appetite control and weight management when consumed in appropriate portion sizes.
- Gluten-free - Unlike most other grains, quinoa is naturally gluten-free, making it a suitable grain for people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
- Easy to prepare - Quinoa cooks up light and fluffy in just 15-20 minutes. It is very versatile and can be used in soups, salads, grain bowls or as a substitute for rice or other grains